Junior Recreation Coordinator
US Tennis Association South Carolina (USTA SC), headquartered in Columbia, SC is hiring a full-time Junior Recreation Coordinator to:
- Coordinate USTA School Tennis programming in SC, with an emphasis on the formation and development of Kids’ Tennis Clubs. Seek out and connect with after school programs, YMCAs, Boy’s & Girls’ Clubs, community centers and other youth based providers
- Coordinate USTA National Junior Tennis and Learning (NJTL) organizations in SC with collaboration from the Manager of Membership Growth Initiatives and Community Development
- Conduct site visits, promote available grants/resources and train and consult program leaders to strengthen Kids’ Tennis Clubs and NJTL
- Organize workshops for PE teachers and after school program staff and volunteers
- Create and distribute a quarterly e-newsletter for the School Tennis program
- Promote No-Cut School Tennis and educate coaches to the registry, resources and provide problem solving consultation
- Strategize and implement a pathway with Play Days, Kids’ Tennis Clubs, Jr. Team Tennis, NJTL, No-Cut School Tennis and Level IV and V sanctioned tournaments
- Work from our Columbia, SC office
- Bachelor degree with relevant internship or employment history
- Non-profit background and/or program experience to include practical knowledge and work with volunteers
- Clear and professional verbal and written communication, strong administrative and organizational ability, proficient in Microsoft Office and general computer skills, comfortable making presentations and speaking publicly
- Familiarity with tennis, a passion for customer service, pride in one’s work and a self-starter with a desire to be on our team
- Health insurance for employee
- Matching retirement option (Simple IRA)
- Expense account for travel and supplies
- Opportunity to work with great volunteers and staff in a nationwide “family” of independent USTA organizations
USTA South Carolina is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Submit cover letter, resume and employment application, to be received no later than 5:00pm on September 12, 2014 to email@example.com
or by mail:
USTA South Carolina
18 Woodcross Drive
Columbia, SC 29212
Attn: Junior Recreation Coordinator Opening
USTA SC was established in the 1970’s and currently serves nearly 24,000 USTA members in SC through its support of local tennis programs and events for all ages and ability levels. USTA SC is an independently incorporated affiliate to the USTA Southern Section, a regional association of nine southern state tennis associations. Established in 1881, the USTA is the national governing body of tennis whose volunteers, professional staff, and financial resources support a single mission: to promote and develop the growth of tennis.
If you're looking for ways to volunteer with the USTA, click here.
- Support local tennis providers and organizations to prosper and thereby improve the quality and range of opportunities for South Carolina residents to participate in tennis programs.
- Assist the Executive Director in the overall implementation of Membership Growth Initiatives. Manage and coordinate strategies across departments to achieve goals set by USTA Southern and USTA SC in USTA membership and participation.
- Recruit and train community tennis leaders throughout the state forming, expanding and consolidating Community Tennis Associations through in-person contact at meetings or events and correspondence, phone contact and travel as needed.