ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT JOB OPENING
USTA South Carolina is hiring a full-time Administrative Assistant to:
- Provide general administrative support for office operations including assistance with department or program administrative tasks as assigned.
- Answer phones and greet visitors with warmth and enthusiasm as the first voice heard or first person seen when contacting our office.
- Write, edit, proofread and publish correspondence, reports, proposals and other documents as needed for individual departments; such as record, maintain, and distribute staff meeting minutes
- Maintain and order office supplies and snacks.
- Other administrative tasks as assigned.
- Work from our Columbia, SC office
- Bachelor degree with relevant internship or employment history
- Non-profit background and/or program experience to include practical knowledge and work with volunteers
- Clear and professional verbal and written communication, strong administrative and organizational ability, proficient in Microsoft Office and general computer skills, comfortable making presentations and speaking publicly
- Familiarity with tennis, a passion for customer service, pride in one’s work and a self-starter with a desire to be on our team
Health insurance for employee
Matching retirement option (Simple IRA)
Expense account for travel and supplies
Opportunity to work with great volunteers and staff in a nationwide “family” of independent USTA organizations
USTA South Carolina is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Submit cover letter, resume and employment application, to be received no later than 5:00pm on January 12, 2015 to email@example.com or by mail:
USTA South Carolina
18 Woodcross Drive
Columbia, SC 29212
Attn: Administrative Assistant Opening
Full Job Description
If you're looking for ways to volunteer with the USTA, click here.
- Support local tennis providers and organizations to prosper and thereby improve the quality and range of opportunities for South Carolina residents to participate in tennis programs.
- Assist the Executive Director in the overall implementation of Membership Growth Initiatives. Manage and coordinate strategies across departments to achieve goals set by USTA Southern and USTA SC in USTA membership and participation.
- Recruit and train community tennis leaders throughout the state forming, expanding and consolidating Community Tennis Associations through in-person contact at meetings or events and correspondence, phone contact and travel as needed.